Custom Guitar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Custom Guitar

Custom musical instruments

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello glad to be here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello glad to be here Empty
PostSubject: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 pm

SKATTERBRANE here!! albino
Back to top Go down
Bildozr
Admin
Admin
Bildozr

PostSubject: Re: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks for joining!

Go ahead and introduce your pickups!
Back to top Go down
https://customguitar.forumotion.net
Boleskinehouse
VIP
VIP
Boleskinehouse

PostSubject: Re: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Younggun
Younggun

PostSubject: Re: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Nice to see you here SKATTER Dude!!! Welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SKATTERBRANE pickups   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 am

Hi. I started making pickups for myself, after having tried many other boutique pickups and decided that they were not quite what I was looking for. That is not to say that mine are better, or others are better or not. That is to say, I experimented, and executed a LOT of trial and error, until I made a set that satisfied MY personal tastes. I contend that materials certainly make a difference, as do magnets, but the SINGLE most influential aspect is the WIND. (no, I do not mean merely the resistance reading)

Now those who like my SKATTERBRANES are the people who agree with my personal tastes, and that is certainly not everyone.

I like clarity, individual string definition, more of a vintage tone (ala' PAF) and a pickup that when the tone is turned to "0" you get a woman tone, full of expression and vowel sounds. So many pickups I have tried, only get muddy or sound like they are under water when you start to turn the tone down.

Also I do NOT pot my pickups and yes, sometimes under high gain situations, in closer quarters, you may experience some feedback........just like real PAFs tend to do.

I think my pickups have less graininess than many others. They tend to bring out your guitar's true tone. And because of the clarity, definition and lack of graininess, they may be actually LOUDER than perceived. But hey, that is just MY opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SKATTERBRANE SITE   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 am

Oh yeah, here is a link to my site:

https://www.skatterbrane.com/
Back to top Go down
Bildozr
Admin
Admin
Bildozr

PostSubject: Re: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 am

I'll vouch for Skatterbrane here.
I tried a set of his pickups out, and they are everything he says they are and more!

Lots of clarity. I did crank up the gain with them too, and the clarity is still there!
Back to top Go down
https://customguitar.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello glad to be here   Hello glad to be here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello glad to be here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Guitar :: Pickups :: Custom Winders-
Jump to: